Sunday, November 12, 2017

Joy Clair Christmas Nativity and Send Me

Hello Blogging Friends!

Today it is my turn on the Joy Clair Blog and I decided I would share my post with you here on my blog!  Joy Clair has just released some really great stamps to use for Christmas cards!  I am going to be showing you 2 cards I made with 2 of the new stamp sets.

For my first card I used the Joy Clair Send Me stamp set:




For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and inked the bottom portion of the paper with Antique Linen distress ink and I applied the ink onto the watercolor paper using my blending tool.  Next I took some Salty Ocean distress ink and a cloud stencil and applied the ink with my blending tool.  I then took the Tumbled Glass distress ink, the cloud stencil and my blending tool and added the ink to the paper.  I then took some Black Memento ink and stamped the globe and passport on the Antique Linen section of the paper.  I colored in the globe and passport with Copic markers.  I then took the Black Memento ink and stamped the two sentiments onto the blue sky portions of the paper and I stamped the plane too.  I then took the watercolor paper and attached that to the base of the card.

Here is a closer look at the card:


For my next card I used the Newly Released Christmas Nativity stamp set



Along with these other Joy Clair stamps Away In A Manger stamp set  and the Wood Background stamp:


For this A2 card I started with Kraft card stock for the base of the card. I took a piece of Watercolor paper, some chocolate brown ink and the Wood Background stamp and stamped that onto the paper.  I took some Tea Dye distress ink and rubbed that all over the paper so that no white showed through on the paper.  I wanted the background of my card to look like the inside of the stable where Jesus was born.  I took another piece of Watercolor paper and some Memento Black ink and the Christmas Nativity stamp set and stamped Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus and the Angel and the animals onto the paper.  I colored them in with Copic markers and then fussy cut them out and added them to the Wood Background paper.  I took some gold ink and rubbed that along the bottom of the watercolor paper to look like straw on the floor of the stable and then I attached that to the card base.  Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the Away In A Manger stamp set with black ink onto the upper right hand corner of the card.

Here is a closer look at my card:


I hope I have inspired you to create something today!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori














3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori your cards are stunning I love them both. The stamps are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so gorgeous, Lori!! I love the design and colors of the first one!! The nativity is so beautiful on the second one!! The wood background is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Lori! I love that they are so uniquely different from each other, and convey a loving message. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!